Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HueD


FINAL PRODUCT 












FINAL SARI & COLOR PLAN

SCREEN PRINTING & COLOR EXPLORATIONS 













FINAL PATTERN
some explorations through medium which led to my Patterns








FINAL COLOR BOARD/MOOD BOARD



"Mix-Mash" being my initial theme I started off by filling up my mind map with whatever words that came in mind. Since this theme has a very broad meaning and can be looked at from different perspectives, I narrowed down to the word "CLASH". What came in mind were the literal visualizations of contrasts between colors, textures, images, etc. It was still really vague for me to actually break out of that concept. This level of mind map consisted of words like "Geometric vs Organic", "layered textures", "bold vs minimal" and things like that. I looked at the "Experimental" side of clash in visualizing and under that some of the key words that made me start my mood board iteration were , " Progression", "Dreamy and colorful", "Developmental", "interpretation" ( depicting something indirectly or through a contradicting texture/image), "Camouflaging" of textures or merging them in a way that they looked similar. Moving on, I further narrowed down to the clash between "Bold and Minimal" - I looked at different aspects of this theme, like colors, art, fashion, mix and match, mismatch in colors and print, etc. So I questioned myself , Where do I personally see color contrasts in my surroundings? like in "style", "candy", "flowers", "fruits". While I was looking for more images, I was curious to look deeper into the "use of colors in a creative way" and this is what got me to the whole idea of "tiffany lamps" as it is an obvious example of how glass art is done creatively. This reminded  me of my initial mood board iterations but based on my feedback I had to tone down my colors and look at more images from which I could derive prints for my collection. Then looked at textures like "organic vs geometric" or "cracked glass vs Stained glass" which were some of the words in my first mind map. Since glass textures interested me, I concentrated on "Transparency" as my final theme. 
The word "transparency" denotes the role of "light" and the color and texture variations it creates. I went into looking at vibrant colors again as I felt that bright colors would bring out the meaning more effectively. Moving into the core of my research, I worked on the "interplay between Translucency and Opacity". Layering textures was the key to my mood board iteration. It included treatment of the surface based on the lighting. How would the clash of light effect the surface as far as color and print are concerned? My final mood board ended up being an overlap of vibrant glass textures. 
I sort of moved into being more abstract from something that was too literal. My process was very complex as it went through different perspectives of the same them. It was challenging to abstractly show what inspired me as I went through a journey of themes under themes and words that related to one another but still ended up with different results. 
My color board consists of four palettes - Warm colors, Cold colors, Nuetral colors and Grayscale or Monochrome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment